Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Miss Callie Creamer

Since my last post in May, our lives have changed! We welcomed little Miss Callie into our family a few weeks ago. It has been a big change, but we are loving it. I had a great pregnancy and never really had reason to complain. I did pass a possible kidney stone at 20 weeks and then had painful hydronephrosis for about a week but otherwise no big complications. I never threw up or got really sick other than nausea for the first trimester with the worst of it being on our cruise! I loved being pregnant and feeling her move. I didn't get really uncomfortable until about 37 weeks and was luckily able to get called off most of my 12 hour shifts. I saw my OB on Friday November 15 and was disappointed that I was barely dilated to a 2 and 90% effaced just like the week before. No progress! My blood pressure was high, however. It had been running 140's/90's but I was not preeclamptic.  Guy told me, "Lets try to have a baby within the next week".  I wasn't sure how to accomplish this on my own. I was convinced I was going to go a week over my due date. I worked a 8 hour shift that Sunday becuase I was tired of sitting home and I wanted to induce my labor! It was an easy 8 hour shift but I slept 12 hours that night and all day Monday too. My body must have known to rest up! I woke up around midnight on Tuesday November 19 with a feeling of a small "gush" of fluid. I laid there for a second and another small gush came and then I was wide awake! I got out of bed and right as I got to the toilet, a much bigger gush a fluid came. I sat there in shock. It was happening! I had a big smile on my face and then the nerves set in. A few minutes later, Jeremy came in to the bathroom not knowing that I was up already. I said, "I'm 99.9 % sure my water just broke." He said "Really?" Yep! Pretty sure I can't control this leakage! He laid back down in bed while I took a quick bath and finished packing the bags. He had been working like crazy trying to get things done before she came and had only gotten about two hours of sleep. We didn't rush too quickly until I started having mild contractions. We got to the ER entrance around 2 AM and they took us straight up to Labor & Delivery. They had me change into a gown and then checked to see if it really was my water that broke - they didn't believe me. But I was right and we were staying! They checked me and I was still dilated to a 2+ like I had been for a couple weeks. They told me they would check me again in an hour and if I hadn't progressed they would start Pitocin. They moved us from triage to a room and then we called our parents. Around 3:50 AM they checked me and I was still a 2+ so they started the Pitocin. Around 5:30 I was dilated to a 4 and really feeling the pain. I got the epidural at that point and was then feeling more comfortable. I progressed quickly I felt like. Around 7 AM I was dilated to a 6 and then around 9 AM I was an 8. By 10 AM I was completely dilated and effaced and my OB was there. I was really feeling every contraction in my back. I wasn't able to talk through them but they were bearable and I knew they wouldn't last forever. My OB, Guy Cox, told me to bear down with each contraction to help move the baby's head down. I did that for what seemed like forever but by 10:45 we started pushing. First practice pushes that progressed into real pushing. When Guy tested to see if I could feel where the episiotomy would be and I could feel everything, we had to wait for the anesthesiologist to come a re-dose my epidural and then I was finally more comfortable. I could still feel the pressure of contractions but not so much pain. Jeremy counted to 10 with each push and I could tell there was something happening because I could hear the excitement in his voice as I pushed. My mom was there too right at my side and I couldn't have done it without both of them! I remember someone saying, "Next push and we're going to have a baby." At 11:26 AM on November 19 our baby girl was born! 6 pounds, 2 ounces and 19 inches long and perfect. It was an experience I will never forget and feel so blessed to have gone through!












 We love her so much!

1 comment:

  1. love these stories :) thanks for sharing! isn't being a mom the best thing ever??!

    ReplyDelete